WE ASKED OUR TEACHERS…
‘What do you love most about teaching dance at FVDM?’
I have been a dance educator in numerous environments for well over a decade, and I can honestly say that Farmington Valley Dance & Music LLC is the best school I have ever taught at. FVDM embodies a level of professionalism and organization that is unmatched- Lindsey and Jeff truly go above and beyond to create a learning environment that exemplifies excellence. Most importantly, as an educator and as a person, I feel valued, supported, and respected at FVDM.
WANTED – ENTHUSIASTIC ADMIN SUPPORT STAFF!
Thank you for your interest in joining the FVDM team! Please complete the application by following this link. No phone calls or email questions please. Only suitable applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Please complete ALL of the steps in the application to be considered. Incomplete applications will be discarded.
- Be available in the evenings, Monday-Friday and Saturday mornings & afternoons. Summertime hours will lower drastically. Typical hours would be approximately 3-9 pm Monday-Friday, and Saturday mornings, approximately 8:30 am- 4 pm, depending on the time of year.
- Be organized
- Have high standards for themselves and have great attention to detail.
- Be able to think on their feet and handle challenging customer service situations with grace and tact.
- Be flexible, trustworthy and loyal.
- Have experience with Microsoft Word, Google Drive/Docs/Forms/etc, Microsoft Excel, and other desktop applications.
- Enjoy kids of ALL ages
- Employ excellent spelling and grammar skills
- Have a strong working knowledge of computers and peripherals, and be able to easily adapt to new technologies and software.
- Be optimistic and have a positive attitude at all times.
- Be looking for a long-term position and be willing to grow.
- Celebrating its 30th season, Farmington Valley Dance & Music, LLC is a privately owned school that is located in Post Office Square near Highland Park Market in Farmington, CT.
- We cater mainly to children and about 90% of our students are between 18 months and 16 years old.
- Most of our students take music and dance for enrichment and may not aspire to become professional dancers or musicians.
- Our environment is fun and educational environment, with well-organized administration and first-rate equipment and facilities.