Music Lessons – All Ages, All Levels
Private Music Lesson Tuition:
Music lessons are ongoing and meet year-round. Start lessons when you want and end lessons when you want.
- Tuition – $152 per month
- All fees must be paid by automatic transactions. Ongoing fees are charged automatically to a Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express.
- Tuition fees subject to change.
It’s never too late to register at Farmington Valley Dance & Music, LLC! Registration requires a $40 yearly membership fee per student. Please call us at 860-269-4237 to schedule a trial.
Why Choose Us for Music Lessons?
- Teachers – Our kind teachers love to teach kids and have a college degree in the instrument they teach.
- Facility – Our large music studios are equipped with REAL pianos.
- Customer Service – Desk staff is available before and during class times to provide assistance.
- We Teach Multiple Instruments Under One Roof – Choose from Piano Lessons, Guitar Lessons, Voice/ Singing Lessons, & Drums.
- You Choose the Style To Learn – Instruction in pop, jazz & classical.
- Performance Opportunities – Optional recitals, twice per year.
- We Save You Time – Multiple programs in one location so you can enroll siblings in different programs at the same time.
- Clean, comfortable waiting rooms.
- Water cooler with chilled, filtered water.
- Fully Stocked Music Studios – Our music rooms have everything you need for a successful lesson with guitar amps, pianos, drum kits etc.
- Large music rooms with large viewing windows.
At Farmington Valley Dance & Music, we offer piano lessons for students of all ages and abilities, from beginners to advanced students. We offer every style of piano lessons ranging from classical, jazz to pop… you choose what style you would like to play!
Our students start piano lessons as young as age 5. Our private piano lessons are one-on-one instruction so we can focus on what you need to reach your musical goals. Lesson lengths are available in 30 minutes, 45 minutes or 1 hour time blocks depending upon your age and level.
If you are you an advanced piano student, we can get you where you need to be! All of our teachers are university trained, some with advanced degrees, so we are confident that we can prepare you for university entrance.
Two music recitals each year give our students the experience of playing their instruments in front of an audience in a positive, low key, setting.
Voice/ Singing Lessons
Our voice students sing all kinds of music from their favorite artists to classical arias. Our voice teachers have university training in music specializing in voice and sing everything from pop and jazz to opera. Just a sample of what a student will learn in singing lessons includes how to breathe properly, how to increase their range, proper pitch, how to project and stage presence. Our school offers two optional performance opportunities each year at our recitals at the holidays and in the spring.
Our guitar lessons include acoustic, electric and bass guitar. Our awesome guitar teaching staff will get you playing fast! We offer instruction from rock to jazz, classical, and pop. Many of our teachers are true professionals and actively perform in bands. Our guitar teachers have college or university music degrees so they know how to teach the proper theory and technique, regardless whether a student is interested in metal or classical. No matter what type of guitar lessons you are interested in, we have the teachers to help you. Typically a student would be 8 years old before starting guitar lessons, due to their hand size, but some younger students start with a junior sized guitar. Our private guitar lessons are one-on-one instruction and lesson lengths are 30 minutes, 45 minutes or 1 hour.
Drums & Percussion Lessons
We offer a wide variety of drum lessons/ percussion lessons. Most of our students learn on a drum kit. We have both male and female students and typically do not start drum lessons before the age 8 as students need to be able to reach both the pedal and the cymbals. We do have some younger students but suggest they come in for a trial drum lesson to see if they are big enough to get started. Drum lessons are taught on a drum kit in our studios but students are able to get started practicing at home on practice pads before purchasing or renting a drum kit. Our drums lessons stress proper technique so students become good drummers quickly. Our drum instructors have university or college training and are active performers. Private drum lessons are available in 30 minute, 45 minute and 1 hour lengths